Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Dear Mother


This Mother's Day, I want to take the time to talk about my Mother (She is Mema to our kids). She is the kind of Mother I hope to be to my children. She has been there for me in my times of sorrow and joy. She was the first person we told, when we found out we were pregnant. As I have stated before, Beaudrick was a complete surprise to us. She was there to encourage us and tell us that everything will be ok. She helped us through our time of disappointment when we found out we had to leave our home and everything in it. At times when I thought no one would see me crying in the trailer, I would hear a knock at my door and it would be her. She would come to just give me a hug. Sometimes she wouldn't say a word, but she would just hold me. When she did say something to encourage me, it was always what I needed to hear. When I found out about Beaudrick, I went to her home where once again she let me cry on her shoulder. She always looks at the brighter side of life. She continued to tell me just how perfect my baby was. When Beaudrick was placed in my arms, it was her and a very dear friend who held me both physically and emotionally. Thanks Mom for being there for me!
When I think of my Mom, I think
1. CLASSY- WOW!!! does this women have class. I have never been embarrassed of her actions or her dress. She carries herself and her age so well. I hope I get her genes. She is so beautiful not only on the outside, but also on the inside. Even my girls comment on what a classy lady she is.
2. Dependable- She will always be there for you. No matter what I have done in life, she has always been there to pick me up. Yes, I have made some blunders in life, but she never put me down, even though I knew she was disappointed, she loved me unconditionally and stood by my side.
3. Trustworthy- I can trust my Mom with my life. She knows how to keep a secret. If there is something I need to tell her, I know it will not get passed her. When I need prayer or just someone to confide in. It is her I call. Even the King has a relationship with her, where he has learned to confide in her. There has been several times in our marriage, where my hubby (with tears in his eyes) will say "I just need to talk to your mom"
4. Prayer Warrior- When our family started going through trials, (I'm talking our whole family) it was my Mom who said "we are going to pray our way through this". She opened her home every Monday night and she fed us food for the body and soul. To this day, my girls still ask to go to Memas to pray. My older daughters still look forward to the phone calls when Mema lets them know she is praying for them. Going back to trust, our teenagers trust her too. There are not many people I trust with my girls, but my Mom is one I will always trust. So many times I have called my Mom to pray about something, and God had already laid it on her heart, she had already prayed.
These are a few of the reasons I hope to be to my children as she has been to me. I Love You Mom! Happy Mother's Day

1 comment:

Bettina said...

That was so touching Shawna!!! Your Mom is very classy!! We love you & your family!!!